Monday, October 13, 2008

A Burp in the Dark

The cloudy day was now fading into night and the shadows crept upon the earth. Feeling right fine (except a little hungry) I strolled down my driveway and down the sidewalk to the church. My mind was on a bluegrass song and I was sorta humming along, trying to figure out the harmony on it.

As I came upon a corner of the church a figure suddenly rounded it and was in my face. Before I could figure out what was happening a huge burp sounded, right there in MY FACE! Now, I'm not talking about your dainty, ladylike, half-hearted burp that you hide behind a napkin at the table when guests are present. I'm talking about the real deal, I-don't-care, loud-as-you-can BELCH! If that wasn't bad enough, IT STUNK LIKE SMOKE. You know, cigarette smoke! Oh! It is almost to painful to recall!

My reflexes being a little to late, I then jumped a little and said "Oh!" Then the figure covered her mouth and said, "Oh, I'm sorry." And we both quickly parted ways. Her to think about her embarrassment on burping in someone's face and me to eat some candy to try to erase the memories!


~Sarah
(guest blogger for the evening)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Okay. Your creative writing skills are excellent, but your topic is questionable at best! Yuck! :) Valerie