Wednesday, May 21, 2008

It was a quiet sunny afternoon...

It was a quiet, sunny afternoon. My sister was at the house, when suddenly, there was a loud pounding on the front door. Before she could answer it, they were at the back door, pounding loudly. Imagine her surprise to find two police officers standing there! She was even more surprised to find that they were looking for her!

At the church, Dad was talking on the phone, when he received a phone call from Sarah. Since he was busy, he told me to go home, without telling me what was going on! So I walk up the driveway, and there's two cops standing there with my sister, and one of them says, "So you're the older sister?" I'm thinking, "What now?!?" (We don't live in the best neighborhood in the world, and it's not uncommon to see cops driving by every day.) Then I realized that one of the guys was part of the animal control, so I thought, "Maybe they're after some dogs. But why is my sister involved? Is she begging them not to kill the dogs?" :-)

Well, it turns out, they were here in answer to my sister's letter sent to the City Manager asking for permission to have some goats. After looking over the property, they laid down a list of requirements that we'll have to fulfill before they give permission. But it looks like it is a possibility. The girls (the one's that want the goats) are excited. And me? I really don't care, as long as I don't have to get up at 2:00 in the morning to fight off the stray dogs that I'm sure will try to get into the goats' pen!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

All I can say about all these posts is that you gals are too funny. Goats? Hannah in that hat? It's all just too much. I laugh every time I check out this blog. Valerie