Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Blessed Old Book!

On Saturday, we had the privilege of helping collate Spanish Bibles at the Bible & Literature Missionary Foundation in Shelbyville, TN. Our church has supported this ministry for many years, and this was the second time we were able to go and help out!

To me, I think it's so special to help put together Bibles that will one day be placed in the hands of someone who has never had a Bible before! We are so blessed here in America! Often times we take for granted all the blessings that God has given to us!

Collating these Bibles also made me think about how blessed we are to live in a country where we receive very little persecution. It reminded me of the words to an old song...

When I think what it cost just to hold in my hand,
I'm reminded that I owe a great debt,
To all of the martyrs who burned at the stake,
Who quoted it with their dying breath!
Now it's critics are many and believers are few,
But one thing I've found to be true,
If you find when you read it that there's something wrong,
Then there's something wrong with you!

This blessed old Book that I hold in my hand,
It's true from beginning to end,
It's a solid foundation where I firmly stand,
Sin kept me from it now it keeps me from sin.



(my youngest sister took these pics...somehow she managed to get me in most of them! lol)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I like that song! Sound Doctrine sings that, right?

Unknown said...

I've never heard of the Henson family. To be honest with you, I pretty much listen to the Marshalls, Logans, and instrumental/classical music. I need to broaden my horizons! C: