Monday, November 14, 2011

Honduras - Day Fifteen

Just sitting here munching on some DELICIOUS pineapple (I love pineapple, especially the fresh ones here!), sitting here waiting for my friend to answer the email book I wrote her this morning (LOL! Ms. Staci!) and wondering what I should write about in my post tonight!

I guess I'll start with what I did today...did a little cleaning around here this morning, went to the American Tienda that's two doors down (it's a second hand store) and found a nice purse for $6, and ran down to the pulperia to pick up some soap.  (The pulperia sells a few small items such as kitchen/household necessities.  You just come to the door, tell the owner what you need, and pay him through the small opening in bars on the door.)

This afternoon we drove around Comayagua on a couple of errands, and then went to the mall, or Mall Premier, as it's called.  It's actually in the same shopping center as the grocery store we went to on Day Five, and it's a two story mall with a couple of nice stores in it.  They have Payless Shoes, and a department store called Carrion, which is similar to JCPenney as far as the type of clothes, etc., that they sell.  There was also a store that sold cheap jewelry and makeup, nail polish, etc., as well as a pharmacy, and an Espresso Americano(which is similar to Starbucks, I guess), and several smaller stores as well. 

the outside (sorry, it was getting dark by the time we were done)


the entrance (picture taken from the 2nd level)


they're already getting things ready for Christmas...this is a giant tree in the middle of the mall


my granita...it's like a frappe from McDonalds, except the coffee was WAY stronger, and it had oreos in it, too.  (I guess they probably have stuff like this at Starbucks?  I've never been before.)


a police truck


a lady headed to market  (I wish I could carry things on my head like that!)


a lady selling beans in the open air market


a man with a wooden wheelbarrow thing of bananas  (I posted a pic on Day Nine of a man with an empty wheelbarrow.)


And one more thought for today:  eating too much pineapple can cause your mouth to burn!  Haha!

1 comment:

The Skinny on Staci said...

I expect to see you carrying your bass on your head like that at the very next singing. :) Sorry I haven't replied yet. Getting to that RIGHT NOW!