Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Honduras - Day Seventeen

The last day of my trip...I've been both looking forward to this day, and dreading it, too!  In the morning, we'll be heading to the capital city of Tegucigalpa one more time, and I'll be flying home tomorrow afternoon/evening.  (I'm supposed to arrive in Nashville at 9 pm.)  I am SO going to miss the Hortons (they've been great to let me invade their lives and home for nearly three weeks!), and I'm going to miss the beautiful scenery, and I'm going to miss the warm weather (it's been 70-90 degrees here), and I'm going to miss sitting outside and watching people go by, and I'm really going to miss driving on rough dirt roads, dodging stubborn cows, to pick up people for church!  It was quite an experience, and as I mentioned before, I LOVED every minute of it!  I'm so thankful for the opportunity to come to Honduras again!!!

we went to a restaurant, La Casita, for lunch


my plate: beans, a fried plantain, rice, queso blanco (white cheese), chismol (it has peppers, onions, and lemons..I think), and some very delicious steak! 


 Ms. Wendy's plate: chicken nachos...she gave me a taste, and they were pretty good, too!
the outside of the restaurant
It was raining, and I know this isn't a very good picture, but look at the guy looking out of the window!  Hahaha!  Looks like he's wondering why the crazy gringas (what they call Americans) are acting so crazy! 


atole
This is a Honduran corn pudding/drink that was like hot, sweetened corn starch. We bought it from a lady that came by the house tonight.

No comments: