Thursday, November 3, 2011

Honduras - Day Three

Today started early (like at 5:30 a.m.!) We headed out to the Hortons' property where they are building a church and a house.  It is SOOOO beautiful out there!!!  The pictures I'm posting don't do the scenery justice!  It's located in a basin that's surrounded by mountains on all sides.  One of the mountains is pretty close to their property.  (Well, it looks really close, but I'm sure it's a lot farther away than it seems.)  It was so nice to be out in the country for the day, and quite a contrast from the city!  Where they currently live, the houses are all built together (like the buildings on downtown squares in older towns in the US, only more crowded.)  There are no yards whatsoever, and the streets are crowded with pedestrians, taxis, and old buses, and people on bicycles.  It's such a diverse and beautiful country!

p.s.
And even though it's been a long day, I AM including some pictures that I took today!  (Ms. Staci, I may be tired, but I'm not as old as you! Haha!)  More pictures to come!


the house (and this will be where they have the children's home, too)

the church building

1 comment:

The Skinny on Staci said...

Well I'm impressed, Rebekah. I guess I better take more of my Alzheimer meds and start thinking more clearly! LOL The first pic with the mountain in the background is soooo pretty! Glad you are getting lots of kiddie love over there! :)